The first one was heavy and cumbersome so I built a second one using lighter materials that were more impervious to water.
For both channel apparatus, I would continually look for something new to fill the channels. This year, I found something new in a dumpster that looked promising. I do not dumpster dive much anymore, but I could not resist the plunge when I saw the object below sticking out of a dumpster.
I had no idea what this was. It was white; it was metal; and the cross pieces had tiny holes. I thought if I could nest it in one of the channels, the children would create a beautiful cascade with water gushing through the holes and dancing over the cross pieces.
By pure chance, the new element fit perfectly into one of the channels; all I needed to do was tape it into the channel. As far as the other channels go, one channel was kept clear and the third channel had DRICORE squares all up and down the channel.